Saturday, May 1, 2021

My 11th day

 I walked in nervous but excited because I would do my lesson about colors with the book, Colors with Ladybug, and ladybug art. There were only a few children when I arrived, so I assisted the teacher preparing the morning snack, granola, and yogurt. Then I prepped for my lesson by getting the art materials together, such as ladybug body, head, legs, boots, and glue. As I got my book, ready more friends arrived, and it was time to teach my lesson. I started by saying good morning, friends, as I introduced the book and asked questions about the book cover, along with letting them know what's next. The children were engaged, and throughout the story, I asked questions. The children were happy and eager to respond to questions about color recognition. When I finished the book, we were ready to transition to the art table, and I held up the ladybug body and asked what goes first? The children responded and were excited about putting the ladybug together and putting the colorful boots on. As we were finishing up, I pointed to the boots, and the children were identifying the colors of them and sharing the formation of their ladybug. I thanked my friends for allowing me to teach a lesson on color recognition and body part recognition. I also reminded them to take their ladybugs home and tell mom and dad the colors of their boots. I thanked the teachers for their assistance, helped set up for lunch, and waved goodbye to my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...