Sunday, April 11, 2021

Day 9 Mica Howard

 When I walked in, the children were dancing, singing, and doing the hand actions to a baby shark song. So I went to sanitize my hands and help prepare for the morning snack at the table; a couple of friends ran over to give hugs and said, Ms. Mica. I smiled at the children, joined them in dancing, and they were giggling a lot at my crazy dances. Then I assisted the CT in handwashing so the children could eat their granola bars and milk. As I sat with them, a student wanted me to eat, so he gave me his bar, and I explained he should eat so his tummy won't hurt. Then he began eating it and drinking his milk until it was all gone.  After morning snack, the children transitioned to the circle carpet as I prepared the action song, The Ants' go marching. The children and I enjoyed the actions throughout the song, along with singing some words. The CT continued circle time with Look, who came to school today song and name cards to stick on the wall. I explained to the children that we would create a long caterpillar, and I placed circles and crayons on the art table to draw on.  I created the head with circle eyes and a smiling mouth for the caterpillar.  We put our caterpillars together, and the students helped me carry them to the art wall to hang up. After art, it was time for me to leave, and I announced to the children that I would be leaving and will see them next week. Also, I told them to enjoy their lunch and take a good nap. Some friends came and gave me a hug, and others waved goodbye to me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...