Sunday, April 18, 2021

 Feronica Crawford

April 13, 2021

When I walked into the classroom the children were eating breakfast strawberries and french toast sticks. The students was enjoying breakfast using their fine motor skills to pick up french toast sticks and strawberries. After I washed my hands, I walked over to the rug and waited for the CT to wash the children's hands and send them over to the rug for floor time. The children were looking at books and putting them in their mouths. The children are still in sensory-motor stage and just about everything will go into their mouth. Then, some children was in the cozy corner laying down holding a book in the air looking at the front cover. I noticed the children's favorite book is the animal book. The teacher assistant was reading and she asked the children, "What sound does the cow make?" one student replied, "moo, moo.What sound does the pig make? the other student replied, oink, oink." The children know just about all the sounds animals make. I love listening to the children make the sounds of the animals. It keeps them engaged and focus in learning. The children are developing speech and animal sounds are easy for them to learn. After circle time, the CT began putting the children coats on to prepare to go outside. When we made it outside, I started talking about the green grass, identifying colors of cars and flowers. The children enjoyed the nature walk. As soon as the nature walk was over, we washed the children hands and they were ready for lunch. It was time for me to go and I told the children see you next week. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Feroncia,

    I enjoyed reading your post. I'm glad to hear that you have been having some great interactions with the students. What ages are you working with? I find it interesting that they are still putting things in their mouth. Children develop differently though. I'm interested to know your answer!

    ReplyDelete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...