Sunday, April 11, 2021

Day 10 Mica Howard

My center was closed on Tuesday, April 6; I made it to the toddler room on Wednesday, April 7, at 8:00 a.m.  I walked into the room, sanitized my hands, and spoke to the few children there. My CT was off, so the Assistant teacher informed me that we were going on a nature walk to identify various bugs.  The Assistant teacher helped transition the students to the table for morning snack which was oatmeal and toast. The children were excited about the morning snack, and they asked for more oatmeal with toast. As the children were finishing we washed hands and prepared them for outside. The Assistant teacher brought the outside bag and the color rope for the children to hold onto and counted the children's heads. We began our nature walk and sang various songs from, We're going on a bear hunt to the ants go marching. The children were so excited and as we walked we seen some flies and a spider, and started counting them. We also asked the children some questions about the fly and spider, such as how many legs they have and the colors of them? Then we prepped the children to go back to the building for lunch and me saying goodbye. I told the children to have a wonderful lunch and rest well because we had a busy day.



1 comment:

  1. Hi Mica,

    I enjoyed reading about your day. I haven't experienced nature walks but we have taken the children to the park and I got to see each of their abilities as they played on the slides and the other toys they have for them. Being outside is a great way to teach children about the outdoors and experience nature.

    ReplyDelete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...