Sunday, February 7, 2021

My First Day

 Feronica Crawford

02/07/2021

 On my first day, I had a joyous time. The children ran up to me with their masks on and gave me a hug. I asked each child, to tell me their name and they did. Next, the students walked back to the areas, they were engaged in, I observed one student, stacking colorful cups. I observed another student, turning pages in a book from left to right. I observed a group of students sitting at the table, scribbling on construction paper. The teacher turned the radio on and all of the students stopped what they were doing, held hands, dancing, jumping up and down. I began dancing with the children as well.

After the children had a great time in the interest areas, it was time to clean up, the teacher began to sing the clean-up song. Each child was able to clean up their own area independently. I was very impressed with how each child, put all the toys they played with, back on the shelf without assistance. Once all of the areas were cleaned, the children sat at the table to listen to a story called, "The Little Red Hen."

My day was full of energy, laughter, and fun. I really enjoyed my time with the children. 


6 comments:

  1. Jeanette
    2/7/2021

    Hi Feronica, I enjoyed reading about your first day. You observed the children participating in different activities. I like how your MT put music on and all the children stopped what they were doing to dance. I also liked how you joined in and danced with the children.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much for your encouraging words. I hope this is a new start for how all of our field experiences will look like for the upcoming weeks to come.

      Delete
  2. Hi Feronica,

    I enjoyed reading your blog. I love that you had a great time getting to know and observe the children. I like your idea of having each one tell you their name on their own. That is a great way to start a positive relationship with them. Hope the rest of the time being you continue to enjoy your days there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I truly appreciate the positive feedback, it means a lot to me. Working with children is a joy and when you love what you do, it shows.

      Delete
  3. I am glad your first day was great and the children enjoyed your company. That is a good way to start a good rapport with the children and for you to participate makes it even better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Mica,

      I am forever grateful for your kind words and really appreciate the anecdote you have given me. It helps me to be more confident in setting great expectations for children I serve on a day to day basis.

      Delete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...