Sunday, March 21, 2021

Day 7

 Today I taught my first environment lesson in the infant and toddler classroom. After breakfast, I led circle time. I read two books and transition the toddlers to the art area, where the toddlers had the option to finger-paint or use paintbrushes. The environment was set up, with materials for the toddlers to paint. The toddlers were able to explore and be creative by mixing colors with the paint. The activity was fun and messy, but the toddlers enjoyed it. During the activity, I interacted with the toddlers by asking questions and painting with them. What I learned from this lesson was I should have read one book instead of two because toddlers can't sit too long. I also learned to have a variety of colors for the older toddlers. I only introduced three colors. Overall the toddlers were engaged and completed the activity. Afterward, I displayed the paintings on the wall. 

After teaching my environment lesson I thought about my strengths and my weaknesses in the lesson.  I also thought about what I will take with me to my classroom. I learned so much from my MT's and I'm going to take everything I learned and implement it in the classroom.

3 comments:

  1. F.C.

    Sounds like your lesson with the toddlers turned out great. The toddlers enjoyed mixing colors and painting. When working with toddlers just about everything is going to be messy. However that is exactly how they learn in their environment. Its great you brought up your strengths and weaknesses because it can help you improve in all areas. Your post is very inspiring, continue to make a difference in young lives excellent job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hell Jeanette,

    I enjoyed reading your post. I loved your idea for your lesson. What I liked most about it was that your weren't afraid to get messy. I agree that it can be forgetful to have differentiation in your lesson for the different age groups or if their at different levels. This helps give you a learning experience where you will be better prepared next time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am glad you did your lesson and it sounds like you did a great job. I am happy you were able to not only have differentiation but acknowledge your strengths and weaknesses. In learning this allows you to be more prepared for the next lesson.

    ReplyDelete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...