Sunday, April 4, 2021

Day 9, Jeanette

 My day with the toddlers was great. I greeted the children as they arrived. We had another new student. It was his second day, and the CT shared that the new child did a lot of crying the day before. The children washed their hands and sat down to eat breakfast. While the children were waiting for their breakfast. AS starting calling out his classmate's names. After breakfast, they went to circle time. Later the children were playing in different areas. One child began counting "1,2,3." Another child came and took his car, the child said "mine" and the child gave the car back to him. I was in the middle of doing an ASQ screening when the fire alarm went off. After the fire drill, I got a chance to talk and interact with three of the toddlers. I also asked questions and took notes.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Jeanette,

    Sounds like you had a busy day. I will also be having 2 new children next week. I am always excited to have new children to work with. It gives me an opportunity to keep learning about children and their different personalities. The introduction for me to new children varies on the child. I had one student who wasn't particularly new but she didn't come often and when I tried saying hello to her she was really shy and ran off. But when it came to teaching my lesson she was my top student that was following along with me through my whole lesson.

    ReplyDelete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...