Sunday, April 4, 2021

 Feronica Crawford

March 30th, 2021

Today I walked inside of the classroom, put on shoe covers, and washed my hands. After washing my hands, I walked over to the rug with the toddlers. Some of them were laying on the rug. Two other toddlers were standing in front of letters A, B, C, and D. Pointing at each alphabet. I began saying each alphabet. The name of the picture along with its sounds. One of the toddlers began nodding her head yes. She began making the sound a cat makes. After that, I walked over to other toddlers who were crawling in and out of the tunnel. I stated at the beginning of the tunnel is shaped like a huge circle. I began to draw the circle in the air with my finger. I state circle goes around and close it, around and close it. Explaining and naming the shape I was drawing in the air with my finger to familiarize the toddlers with what a circle is. Also, I held up a ball to compare it with a circle. I explain how the ball is round and shape just like a circle. 

Furthermore, the toddlers began to grab age-appropriate books turning pages from right to left using their fine motor development skills. Pointing at each picture the toddler began making the da, da, da sound for a dog. Learning words is a part of acquiring word knowledge. Next, the CT began singing the clean-up song and the same song was playing on the radio. The children began picking up toys some were putting them on the shelf. The other toddlers were passing them to me and the other teacher to put away. When we were done cleaning up, we all began singing, "If you happy and you know it clap your hands." The children were fully engaged in dancing and clapping their hands. Then it was time to transition to art. The children were reviewing their shapes. They were stamping circles in red paint, triangles in blue paint, and squares in orange paint. I went over each shape with the toddlers and it was time to go. I had a wonderful time and waved at the toddlers. I said I would see them next week. 

1 comment:

  1. Feronica,
    It's good to see the toddlers interacting, communicating, and using age-appropriate skills. It is also great that the toddlers are getting the experience of using their fine and gross motor skills, being engaged in dancing, and clapping, sounding out letters, and using your fingers to make shapes.

    ReplyDelete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...