Monday, April 12, 2021

 Feronica Crawford 

April 6, 2021.

When I entered the classroom, every student looked at me and began smiling. The students were eating breakfast strawberries and french toast sticks. The students were really enjoying eating their breakfast. Once breakfast was over the CT helped each student wash their hands. After the students washed their hands I was waiting for each student to walk to the rug to begin floor time activities. One student crawled through the tunnel increasing her large muscle development skills. Another student stacking soft blocks increasing his fine motor and math development skills. While sitting on the rug one of the students brought a book to me to read. It was a book about animals and the sound each animal makes. The student made the moo sound, the oink sound, and the baa sound. I praised the student for remembering each sound these animals made.

Now it was time for my lesson to begin. My lesson was on stamping basic shapes such as circles, squares, and triangles on construction paper. I introduced all 3 basic shapes to the students. I started off by talking about circles and how they go round and round. I passed out circles to each student. I talked about our faces and eyes are round. Pointed to the opening of the tunnel and used my finger to go round and round like a circle. I read the students a book about shapes. Held up shapes that were shaped like circles, squares, and triangles. After I read the book the students and I did the ring toss some of the students did enjoy it. Next, we formed and build shapes with popsicle sticks. The students really like the popsicle sticks. They were lining them up, placing them on top of each other. Then it was time for large motor development. Only one student running around in circles with me. The lesson turned out OK.     

No comments:

Post a Comment

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...