Thursday, April 1, 2021

Day 8 Mica Howard

 As I approached the classroom, I sanitized my hands along with the MT who had just arrived and there were only a couple of kids. So I came in and said, "Good morning friends"  and the students smiled at me.  They were in the dramatic play area so I went over and sat down at the table with them.  One of my new friends got up and brought me a bowl of food and a cup.  The little girl whispered eat the food and tried to feed me grapes along with putting a cup up to my mask.  As more friends came in the MT's assistant Ms. Laura pulled out these various colored connectors and stickers with various color construction paper to put on, and the kids loved utilizing their fine motor skills and eye-hand coordination.  I heard one of the toddlers say, I put all the pieces together look it's big, so I asked a question of how many pieces and would you like to count?  The little boy began counting one through ten really loud and the MT said, It's time for lunch as she sang the Cleanup, Cleanup everybody do your share., and some friends chimed in to sing along.  I enjoyed my pretend food with my new friends along with utilizing our counting skills and I told my friends that I will see them again.

1 comment:

  1. F.C.
    I love how you walked in and immediately began interacting with the little ones. It means so much to them. Seeing your bright smile made them even more happier. Its great when we as educators are around to observe and be apart of their language and fine motor development. When we can you see these skills in action means you are working with those students to reach their developmental goals. Keep up the great work.

    ReplyDelete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...