Wednesday, March 17, 2021

Day 7- Toddler room Mica Howard

 On this day I walked into the classroom and the children were playing in various areas and the MT introduced me and I told the children, hello and my name is Ms. Howard.  Some friends stared and the other children waved along with a smile.  The children were proceeding to the circle carpet for group time and I asked, could I teach them a hello song and the teacher said yes. I sang the song and the children repeated the words and were smiling especially when it came to shaking their friends hand.  As group time was coming to an end the children went to the gym area to climb onto the climber, rock in the wooden boat and play in the wooden cabin.  They were laughing and enjoying their time in the room and I had a friend who wanted me to go on the wooden boat by saying come in Ms. Howard and I did.  After playing for about 45 minutes, it was time to clean up and get ready for lunch.  I told my friends goodbye and I would see them again next Tuesday.

1 comment:

  1. F.C.

    The time you spend with the little ones is very special. I like how you volunteered to sing the children a song. They really enjoyed the song. Young children definitely learn from music. They love moving their bodies. Young children will dance to just about any music or sound they hear.

    I love how the children had a smooth transition to gym. As long as we let them know what is going to happen next, transitions can go smooth. The young children really had a great time with you in increasing their large muscle skills. I like how you informed them you will see them next week. It is always good to have a lot of conversation with our young children. We help children to build word knowledge. Great job, you are setting an excellent example for our young children to see.

    ReplyDelete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...