Sunday, March 21, 2021

 Feronica Crawford

03-16-2021

I found out the name of the classroom I'm in is called the yellow room. You learn something new each day. The children were happy to see me as I walked into the classroom. After I washed my hands, the CT needed me to step over on the rug with the toddlers. Some were walking playing with each other. The other toddlers were building towers with large colorful cubes. As the cubes fell down he would rebuild again. This skill increases fine motor development. It also, shows this child can maintain persistence in this activity. I asked, the toddler, "What else can we do with the large cubes?" He nodded his head yes, I began counting one to one tagging. Touching each cube as I count them. "One, two, three, four." The toddler repeated the same words such as: "Wa, to, tha." Forming number words and counting. 

Next, I began to sing a song called "If You Happy and You Know It Clap Your Hands." The children were all engaged in the song. They were clapping hands and stomping their feet. The children were making sounds. The song made them laugh and smile. The children were learning listening skills. They were learning sound and language communication. Once morning free play was over,  we began singing the clean-up song. The children knew exactly what to do. Everyone contributed to picking up toys and placing them back on the shelf. Now the children were ready for circle time with the CT. She began singing the morning song, "Look Who Came to School Today." The children were clapping their hands and moving their bodies. Immediately when the song ended, she had me read the children a story about animals. I asked the children, "What sound does the pig make?' The children say, "Oink, oink." "What sound does the cow make? The children say, "Moo, moo." The children knew every sound each animal made. Learning how to make connections with animal pictures and their sounds.

When storytime was coming to a close, I informed students we are going to transition to the art area. In the art area, you'll are going to make shape art on construction paper using colorful paint. The children were highly excited about the art activity. We assisted each child in their chairs. With assistance, children were stamping circles, squares, and triangles on construction paper.  I talked about how circles go round, squares have 4 equal sides and triangles are shaped like birthday hats. The toddlers were learning mathematical understanding. It was a learning moment for the toddler and time for me to go. The clock surely ticks fast when you are having fun.  


1 comment:

  1. Hello Feronica,

    I enjoyed reading your post of how wonderful your day went. It seems like you had lots of learning going on with the children. I am glad you are able to be interactive in the classrooms and with the students since that is the best way to learn. Great job!

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...