Monday, March 15, 2021

Day 6- Jeanette B

 I had a fun and exciting day with the toddlers. During arrival, students enter the classroom put their shoes and coats away without assistance.  Two students were playing with puzzles and other manipulatives using fine motor skills. During breakfast, the toddlers communicated by asking for more food. After breakfast, the toddlers washed their hands. For circle-time, I asked the MT if I could read a book to the toddlers.  While reading the book, I asked the questions. The toddlers showed interest in the book I read by answering questions. For centers time the toddlers were exploring and interacting in the different learning centers. It was nice outside, so the MT took the toddlers for a walk. 


I learned to observe children and take notes. I also learned to listen to what they say. When I'm in my classroom, I'm going to observe what type of day the children are having and see what their interest are. For example, I notice one of the toddlers goes to the dramatic play center every time I'm observing him. I learned from observation that dramatic play is an interest of his. One of my strengths is interaction with the children. I enjoy interacting with toddlers and asking questions.

3 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Wow! You really summarized everything! Seemed like your day went by pretty fast and you got right down to business the minute you stepped into the classroom. I love it! Seems to me like you are confident with what your are doing now, you know the routine, and the children are used to seeing you now. I like when my day goes by fast as well. We are all just so entertained with the children having fun, that the time just flies by. I love reading stories to the children and seeing their reaction. I try to pick exciting books so I have them hooked ! Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's always fun with the toddlers because they love to explore the room with a variety of toys from dress up to building. I love that you got them engaged in a book and asked questions, so they were utilizing their critical thinking skills. I know the toddlers enjoyed outside time where they really get to run and explore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. F.C.
    Hello,

    Toddlers are growing into independency. They are eager to learn and speak. I love how you stepped right in to promote learning by reading the children a book. You asked the children open-ended questions to keep their minds stimulated and processing their cognitive ability. Even a one word answer is great language development for their age.

    Allowing children to transition into all the interest areas, give the students a chance to build socialization skills. Share and interact with their peers. Going on nature walks helps children to have an opportunity to see and learn about the natural world in which they live. Also, investigate the five senses. You have shown patience is key when working with toddlers. Keep up the excellent job!

    ReplyDelete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...