Sunday, March 14, 2021

Feronica Crawford

 March 9, 2021

On the second day of my field experience, I presented my lesson to the infants. My lesson was on mirrors and reflections. The infants really enjoyed the activity. I was definitely in the presence of the moment with the infants when they began smiling, laughing, and reaching. The infants utilized their social and fine motor development skills. I even added objects such as colorful pomp pomps. One of the infants reached upward and grabbed the pomp, pomp using her fine motor skill. I made sure she did not put it in her mouth. The big mistake I made was not bringing enough for everyone. Now I know to bring enough for everyone. Also, I have to make sure the material I use is age-appropriate for infants. By infants being at the sensory-motor stage, everything goes in their mouth. I have to be cognizant of that. 

Another thing, I have to pay attention to the infant's cues. The activity was too long but I maintained and kinda kept the infants engaged. Since the class is a mixture of infants and toddlers, we were singing songs. I read a book about animals, the other students were able to make the animal sounds. I really enjoyed the lesson with the students. 

For my Field Experience with toddlers, I will remain in the same classroom. I am super excited about that. Once I find out the next theme my CT has for them, I will create my activity based on her theme. I am going to start planning early on an activity that can meet the needs of the students. 

2 comments:

  1. Feronica,
    I'm glad your lesson went well. The infants and toddlers seem like they enjoyed the mirrors and reflections. I think it's great that you bought the infant's and toddler's colorful pom poms. I like how you mentioned you'll bring more materials and age-appropriate materials next time. I'm also glad you were able to keep the infants and toddlers engaged in the activity. They all seem like they had a great time listening to the story you read and singing songs with you. It's good that the children used their social, and fine motor developmental skills. I'm glad you got the opportunity to teach your lesson, and the infants and toddlers enjoyed it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your lesson about mirrors and reflections, glad you were able to grasp the infants attention. I'm glad that you did the lesson and you were able to acknowledge that you'll bring more materials and age-appropriate next time. You did good in keeping the age groups interested with singing songs and books. I am happy you will be in same classroom and the children will be familiar with you.

    ReplyDelete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...