Sunday, March 7, 2021

Day 5

 As I walked into the classroom the children were preparing for breakfast by singing the clean-up song and putting away their connectors on the floor.  But a couple of the students were in dramatic play and they were feeding the baby with bread and a cup, saying eat to the baby doll.  It was exciting to see them utilizing their social skills and applying them to everyday life.  The children proceeded to sit down and have green eggs, turkey bacon, and toast.  The children stared at the color of eggs and as the CT and I engaged in eating the eggs and saying, "yummy".  Then some of the students tried their eggs and a couple of them asked for more.  The students were finishing up with breakfast, so I prepared my art activity to teach my lesson. 

 I started with friends join me in a fun art activity with shapes and finger painting.  Then I held up various wax paper shapes to identify and asked what some shapes were as well.   The children responded with some names like a triangle and scare meaning square, and assisted in putting the food coloring into Karo syrup paint bowls.  Next, we mixed food coloring and syrup to form various primary colors and went over those colors as well.  Lastly, we started painting with a spoon and hands to mix colors to form various other colors like purple by mixing red and blue.  The children enjoyed exploring with paint by creating new colors, a couple of them even liked the taste of it. 

2 comments:

  1. Hello,

    Your activity sounds so fun. I am glad the children were able to enjoy it. I'm not really the type to get messy, especially when there are children involved but I need to start loosing up about it because that's how children like to explore. I am glad that you are willing to take those measures and go beyond exploring with the children. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. F.C.
    Hello,

    It makes the day run smoother when children understand the routine. I love how you walked in and observed the students interacting in the dramatic play area. Also, I love the way you joined the children for family style eating. You are setting a wonderful example of how families should have meal times together.

    Involving children in art is a great experience for them. They are able to allow their imagination to soar. When children are able to manipulate with their hands and finger, they begin to develop fine motor skills. When children are consistently engaged they benefit from educational activities such as art. Continue supporting children in making a difference in their young lives. You are doing a superb job!

    ReplyDelete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...