Sunday, March 7, 2021

Feronica Crawford

03-02-2021     

I started my field experience at a new school in a class with both infants and toddlers. I had a wonderful time working with the infants. When I walked through the door, I had to put on shoe covers and wash my hands. At this time the MT was changing diapers so she had me to join the teacher on the rug with the other students. After diaper change, the students transitioned to circle time, all the children joined together in a circle on the rug while the teacher sing songs and read a book.When the MT finished reading, she asked if I would like to read a book while she grab a bottle for one of the infants and I did.The book I read was about colors and shapes. As I read the book, I noticed one of the infants looking in my direction and looking at the pictures inside of the book. The children were engaged and as I talked about the colors they looked at their clothes. One of the students starred at the book for a long time while I was reading the story. The teacher indicated he loves storytime. 

Once circle time was over, the MT informed me right after circle time everyday they transition to art. One of the infants were asleep while the other two were swinging in their swing looking up in the sky. I began having a conversation with them by playing the peek-a-boo game. The infants starred at me for a long time. I continued the game until I successfully received a smile out of one of the infants. My first day was full of laughs and a lot of movement. I really enjoyed myself and looking forward to more excitement with the little ones.      

No comments:

Post a Comment

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...