Sunday, March 7, 2021

Day 5 - Jeanette B

 My day with the little toddlers was fun and engaging. For breakfast, the children ate biscuits, green eggs, and ham. They did not want to try the eggs because of the color. Two of the toddlers tried their eggs after watching the MT eat her green eggs. During circle time, the MT read two books, and the toddlers responded to the questions asked. Afterward, the toddlers did some movement. The experience I learned is being a teacher, you have to set good examples and be a role model for your students. During breakfast the toddlers looked up to the teacher in the classroom. When the toddlers saw the MT try her eggs, they tried their eggs.

I also observed the toddlers in the different learning centers. One student was sitting at the table playing with the stamp pad, then she walked to the book area and showed interest in books by turning the pages and being aware of the print. Three other students were in the dramatic play center playing with food. Two children were sitting at the table pretending they were eating. Another child was at the sink pretending he was washing dishes. I enjoyed interacting with the children and asking questions as they explored and showed interest in the learning centers. I took observation notes on the children's interests. When I'm in my own classroom I will pencils and paper in all the centers.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Jeanette,

    I enjoyed reading your post. I think it's funny that the children were given green eggs. I would also be second guessing the eggs myself. I agree that when it comes to children the best way to encourage them to try something new is through modeling. When children are young they love to copy what they see. I'm glad you were able to observe and learn that.

    ReplyDelete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...