Sunday, February 14, 2021

Feronica Crawford

02/09/2021


 On my second day which was my last day, I observed the toddlers sit at the table and engage in decorating red hearts. The toddlers were so involved in the art activity they did not lookup. Although they did not look up, I played the peek-a-boo game with my hands and that got their attention. They began laughing and playing the peek-a-boo game back with me. I love when I bring laughter and joy into their lives. While I walked around the classroom to observe the other toddlers, they were sitting on the comfy couch turning pages in books from right to left and left to right. I asked a question about the pictures, "Can you tell me what you see?" one toddler replied, "Dog." and began barking like one. The other toddler replied, "Cat." I love how the toddlers were able to comprehend language and engage in conversations by giving me a one-word meaningful answer. 

When it was time to clean up, we began singing the cleanup song and one toddler was sitting on the floor putting her shoes on. I walked over to her and asked, "Do you need any help?" she replied first by shaking her head no and second by verbally saying the word "no." Watching her put on her shoes without the need for my assistance, shows that she is capable of meeting her own needs. In addition, she is increasing her eye-hand coordination, along with increasing her fine motor development skills. 

Furthermore, the teacher began to play the fingerplay song, "The Wheels on the bus go round and round" the toddlers began dancing and using their large motor skills to follow the movement of the fingerplay. I really enjoyed myself today and watching the toddlers transition from one interest area to the next and increasing their socialization skills. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...