Friday, February 12, 2021

Day 2 - Jeanette B.

I enjoyed interacting with the students on the floor. After breakfast, the students went to circle time to listen to a story. Afterward, they sang a couple of songs. The students were dressed to take pictures for love day. I was thinking to myself the teachers should paint the windows because the kids are dressed-up, and they might not decorate the window right, and they probably get paint everywhere. The children finger-painted the window with pink and red hearts with their hand-prints for their small group activity. The children enhanced their fine motor development skills with finger painting. The toddlers were talking and smiling throughout the activity. They look like they were having fun, and the windows looked beautiful. The experience I learned from this is to let the children explore and be creative.

I also observed the toddlers in the different learning centers. It was nice seeing one of the boys in the kitchen cooking, eating, and washing dishes. Another boy was on the floor reading a book, while a student was matching shapes at the table. For movement, I interacted with all the students singing and dancing. Afterward, I placed paper and bags of markers on the table.  The children began to scribble and color until the CT called them one at a time to come to take a picture. While the children were in the learning center. I interacted with them and asked them questions. I enjoyed my day with the little ones.

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed reading your observation about how the toddlers were engaged in circle time together and learning how to eat, cook, and clean in dramatic play. When toddlers come together for circle time, they are getting to know each other through learning new songs, and dancing. In dramatic play, they are reenacting what they see at home. However, even though toddlers have a short attention span, as time progress, toddlers attention span improves. I'm glad your day with the toddlers was a great one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jeanette,

    I am glad to hear that you had a good day with the children. It seems like you got a lot done during your time there. I like hearing that the children are also getting more comfortable with having you around which is always a good thing. Glad your day went well (:

    ReplyDelete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...