Sunday, February 14, 2021

My 2nd day...Mica Howard

 On my second day, as I walked into the room the children were at the table eating their breakfast with their teacher.  As I approached the table a couple of the children were smiling from ear to ear at me and one of them offered me some of their breakfast in hand giving it to me.  Another friend replied, all ga meaning all done and handed me her sippy cup.  I continued sitting with the children and two friends walked over to give me a hug.  That reassurance that I got from the children made me feel more comfortable with myself in their classroom.  I started blushing through my mask because the children felt more secure with me as well.  As my CT, Ms. Bianca Freyre started cleaning up, the children had a chance to explore with books that they love, and I sat with them and a friend brought me a book so I read it.  The enthusiasm as I read the book with a different voice had the children smiling and laughing. Then the CT proceeded with circle time by introducing the letter Oo on a card, expressing the sound several times, and bringing out pictures starting with Oo such as orange and owl.  A couple of the friends were able to say the owl sound and clapping.  Then the CT introduced counting in English and Spanish, I joined in with the counting as well as the clapping to numbers and the children were excited and staring.  The children were patiently waiting as she told them let's do colors with color shapes, and she sang red is Rojo, orange is Anaranjado, green is Verde, and white is Blanco, etc.  Some of the friends were engaged and singing along with the song.  Then my CT discussed to the children she would be talking about love and she hugged her arms around her to represent love.  She read a Baby's Valentine book with flaps in which she gave the children options to touch the textured pictures under the flap and explained what they were.  The CT ended circle time with a gross motor song from Youtube called Mr. Freeze and the children jumped and identified with the actions.  I was able to say goodbye to my friends and got some hugs and waves, this was a great day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...