Sunday, March 28, 2021

Feronica Crawford

 March 23, 2021

As I approached the classroom, I noticed when I looked inside one of the infants was smiling at me. I opened the door and greeted everyone. I put on shoe covers and immediately washed my hands. After I washed my hands the CT asked me to join the toddlers on the rug. The toddlers were stacking cups to increase their fine motor and cognitive skills. The toddlers were crawling through the tunnel and walking around in circles to increase their gross motor skills. Furthermore, they were rolling dump trucks back and forward. This activity helps toddlers problem-solving, increases fine motor, hand-eye coordination, and cognitive skills. Each activity met one of the domains of development. All of these age-appropriate activities for toddlers are something they really enjoy. I engaged in conversation asking the toddlers questions. I asked one of the toddlers, "Are you crawling in and out of the tunnel?" the toddler stopped and looked at me. I asked another toddler who was inside the other tunnel, "Are you crawling in and out of the tunnel?" She nodded her head, yes indicating she was able to comprehend language. 

It was time to clean up, so the teacher assistant and I began to sing the clean-up song picking up toys putting them back on the shelf. When the toddlers saw us cleaning up, they were able to copy the same thing we were doing. They picked up the toys and passed some toys to us and they put toys back on the shelf independently. While preparing for circle time, the Teacher assistant asked one of the toddlers, "Are you good?" he replied, "I'm good, I'm good." I asked him the same question, "Are you good?" he replied, "I'm good, I'm good," laughing. The toddler is beginning to develop language by repeating what he hears and involving in conversation with one back and forth exchange. Next, we sang songs did a couple of fingerplays, and followed cues as the toddlers stood up and began dancing. We dance with the toddlers to Twinkle Twinkle little star as we transitioned to arts and crafts. The toddlers were stamping shapes such as circles, triangles, and squares. I began to name each shape and its color. By the time I walked over to the last toddler, it was time to go but I continued the art activity with her. Once again, I always have a joyous time with the toddlers and love to see how they are growing developmentally in my field experience.     

1 comment:

  1. Hello Feronica,

    I enjoyed reading your post. At first I was a little confused whether you were still working with the infants or not since you mentioned infants in the beginning. But I'm glad your getting your experience with working with the toddlers. It's good to know that they are following your lead when it was time to clean up. I am teaching tomorrow and I hope that they as well follow my lead with the dancing movements that will be involved. Good luck on your teaching day! (:

    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...