Monday, February 22, 2021

 On my third day, I walked into the classroom to observe them dancing and giggling so hard to Baby Shark and a variety of other songs that involves gross motor skills.  Then a couple of my new friends came over to my legs holding on to them and smiling.  Immediately, I started dancing on my knees which had the children so excited.  The joy and laughter were so rewarding and had me so excited to be around them.  Then it was time for a morning snack in which one friend took my hand to come to the table as well.  My friend pushed his bowl towards me to share and smiled and another friend did as well. They made me feel so welcomed in a matter of minutes by their actions.  It was time to clean up and prepare for group time in which the teacher did letter review along with the sound and familiar words from a picture book.

Next, it was time for an art activity so I prepared materials for the activity of painting various shapes from sponges.  The children came over to the table smiling and eager to get started.  We dipped the sponge shapes into some colors of paint to form shapes, and as they were engaged, I asked a question about the shape they were holding, " what shape do you have in hand"  and one child responded with circ meaning circle and skare meaning square.   Another child was pointing to shapes and putting my hand on them to tell him and I sat there identifying the shapes with the whole class.

During clean-up time the CT sang a song to get them to clean up for lunch and my friends were ready to wash their hands and eat, that some of them passed down their sponges and took smocks off.  As we prepared for lunch by the CT changing diapers and putting down plates. One child shouted eat as the food came onto their plate. I really enjoyed my time with the class and acknowledging their skills such as eye-hand coordination and enhancing their social skills.

2 comments:

  1. Hello Feronica,
    I enjoyed reading about you and the toddlers in your class. The children seem to be learning and having a lot of fun. I'm glad you're learning and getting the experience of working with toddlers. I'm also glad you're able to help your CT plan and prepare activities for the toddlers. This will help you when you have your own classroom. It's good to see you enjoying yourself with the children as they explore and learn.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello,
    I enjoyed reading your post. I love reading about how you were able to be interactive with the students through music. I believe that is the best way to help children learn. There are so many catchy songs for children that I sometimes get the songs stuck in my head and have it on repeat throughout the day. I'm glad you enjoyed your day.

    ReplyDelete

 On April 27, 2021 Today was my last day and I was getting used to both age groups because they were so lovable and fun to be around. Our da...